· Represented gastroenterology group in the sale of its assets to a gastroenterology super-group.
· Represented a provider service network (PSN) in sale of the company's membership interests to an affiliate of a public managed healthcare company.
· Represented physician members of an ambulatory surgery center (ASC) in connection with the company's buyout and reorganization.
· Advised physicians regarding the formation of a clinically integrated network.
· Advised hospital in connection with the formation of a clinically integrated network for its employed physicians.
· Established provider service networks, independent physician associations (IPAs) and MSOs.
· Represented lead agencies and CCE providers in dealings with DOEA and contractual matters
· Served as counsel for physician members in restructurings of ownership in ambulatory surgery centers.
· Counseled hospital systems in structuring relationships with physician groups and employed physicians, including recruitment arrangements, joint ventures, independent contractor arrangements and employment relationships.
· Counseled physicians on employment relationships with hospitals, physician groups and other entities.
· Advised hospitals and physician groups in structuring and negotiating contracts with commercial, Medicare and Medicaid managed care plans, both on a fee for service and at risk basis.
· Advised franchisors of health care business on the Stark law, anti-kickback laws, corporate practice of medicine and fee splitting issues.
· Served as counsel to nursing home in multiple ventures with hospice provider.
· Served as counsel for sellers or purchasers in acquisitions and dispositions of ASCs, physician practices and other health care providers.
· Advised physicians in structuring joint ventures with hospitals and lay entities.
· Provided advice on Stark law, anti-kickback laws and fee splitting to physicians in connection with their practices.
· Served as Patient Care Ombudsman in Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Nanette is a Florida Bar board-certified expert in Health Law with more than two decades of experience with national law firms.
You get “big law” expertise at a competitive local rate.